Full course description
In this Certificate, you learn the basic tenents of marketing.
- Taught by Diane Badame, PhD., MBA.
- Learn and gain the skills to identify market opportunities, maximize company and customer value
- Develop an effective Integrated Strategic Marketing Plan.
Understanding today's successful marketing strategies
This Certificate will help you gain the skills needed to identify market opportunities, maximize company and customer value as well as develop an effective Integrated Strategic Marketing Plan (ISMP) based on customer expectations of identified market segments.
This non-credit Certificate has three Units so you can easily fit the learning into your personal schedule.Download Syllabus
Start Dates: April 9, 2018, May 14, 2018, June 11, 2018, July 9, 2018, August 12, 2018, September 10, 2018, October 8, 2018, November 12, 2018, December 10, 2018
Situation Analysis: This Unit introduces the first major section of the ISMP - the Situation Analysis. This analysis sets the stage for recommendations that are developed in a later section.
You will learn to:
- Identify the elements and employment of the Integrated Strategic Marketing Plan Framework.
- Explain the key elements of the industry/market.
- Recognize the major players in the industry within which the selected ISMP company competes, their core competencies and their financial and strategic strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify the participants and partners in the value chain and how inside and outside constituents can influence the customer experience.
- Understand the components in the customer experience and their impact on marketing initiatives.
Company Analysis, Expanded SWOT, Recommendations and Product and Service Management: This Unit introduces the last portion of the Situation Analysis, the Company Analysis, Expanded SWOT Analysis, Recommendations and the First of the 4 Ps of marketing (Product), and Service Management.
You will learn to:
- Describe key elements of a company in order to develop a comprehensive Company Analysis.
- Explain the value of developing an Expanded SWOT Analysis when developing an ISMP by identifying strategies that maximize the strengths and opportunities and mitigate the weaknesses and threats.
- Evaluate the key characteristics of products and how they can be utilized in product management and new product development.
- Illustrate how brand equity provides value to the company and customer through effective brand management strategies.
- Compare and contrast the differences between marketing products and services and identify objectives and strategies that contribute to effective service management.
4 Ps and Implementation Plan
4 Ps and Implementation Plans: This Unit discusses the remaining 3 of the 4 Ps of marketing, place (promotion, and price) as well as profitability, implementation plan, contingency plans and the summary of the marketing management Certificate.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the concept of place or distribution in marketing management is explained along with its impact on marketing initiatives.
- Discuss how to evaluate the various elements of integrated marketing communications (IMC) and how they should best be utilized in marketing programs.
- Identify various methodologies of price that can be utilized to establish pricing of a product or service.
- Understand the concept of a profit-and-loss statement is explained, as well as the value it provides in a marketing plan.
- Develop a comprehensive implementation plan that identifies the steps needed to execute the ISMP.
- Understand contingency plans so that strategies can be developed in the event that objectives are not met or far exceeded.
Who should enroll: This Certificate is ideal for individuals who want to increase their skills and value to their future organizations, including those planning a career in:
- Business Ownership
- Business Leadership
- Marketing Management
- Product Development
- Service Development
||Diane Badame, PhD
Dr. Diane Badame specializes in the fields of marketing management, customer satisfaction and new product development. She currently serves as the Academic Director of the Full-Time MBA Program at the USC Marshall School of Business. Professor Badame received Marshall's Golden Apple Teaching Award in 2010. Before joining Marshall, she held senior management positions with major consumer packaged goods and financial services companies. Professor Badame also consults with business organizations in the areas of marketing strategy, new product development and customer satisfaction.
University of Southern CaliforniaMarshall School of Business
*2nd Private University in US | 10th Worldwide*
Based in the bustling center of glamorous Los Angeles, the University of Southern California (USC) has been ranked among the Top 10 Dream Colleges in America and is the oldest private research institution in the state, serving 43,000 students—a quarter from around the globe. The university is also Los Angeles’ largest private-sector employer and a $5 billion annual contributor to the region’s economy.
Ranked among the top 50 universities in the world by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities and 23rd in America by the 2016 U.S. News & World Report, USC is one of the globe’s most impactful institutions, shaping the future of multiple industries. A hub for innovation, pioneering research and extraordinary talent, USC counts among its faculty and alumni Nobel Laureates, Rhodes Scholars, MacArthur Fellows, Fulbright Fellows, and winners of the Turing Award, Academy Awards and Emmy Awards as well as recipients of National Medals of Arts, Humanities, Science and Technology and Innovation. Over the years, USC’s student athletes have also won 287 Olympic medals, more than any other university in America, and uniquely, its marching band has earned two platinum records.Through its world-class education, groundbreaking research, and 375,000 global alumni from film moguls such as Clint Eastwood and George Lucas to the first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong, USC is contributing to international excellence and investing in the most powerful human bedrock – its students and scholars – to continue shaping the world of tomorrow.
|How is the Short Course Certificate designed?||Each Certificate Course is specialized content from a top university and contains three Units. Each Unit has an end of Unit quiz which must be passed prior to moving forward. At the end of all three Units, you must pass a Certificate final exam in order to earn the Short Course Certificate.|
|How is the Short Course Certificate Unit graded?||The Units are pass/fail in nature and the student must achieve at least 80% to pass. Students will need to pass the end of Certificate exam to complete and receive the Certificate.|
|How many times can I take an end of Unit quiz in the Short Course Certificate?||The Unit quiz may be taken an unlimited number of times.|
|How many times can I take the Short Course End of Certificate exam?||Students have two attempts to pass the End of Certificate Final Exam. Students who do not achieve the required minimum score of 80% by the second attempt will not pass the Course and will not receive a Certificate.|
|How long do I have to complete the Short Course Certificate Unit?||You will have four weeks to finish the Short Course Certificate. There is an optional two week extension.|
|What if I signed up for the wrong Certificate? (What is the refund policy?)||Your satisfaction is our goal. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you will have 3 days from the start date of the class by which to request a refund for the Short Course Certificate. However, please note that if you have accessed more than one lesson/module/topic’s work of content, no refund will be given. For assistance please contact email@example.com.
|What if I have a technical or policy question?||Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Will I receive credit for this Course?||This will appear on your Montgomery College transcript as a non-credit, complete/incomplete certificate. You will not receive course credit from the providing university. Upon successful completion of the Short Course Certificate, Montgomery College will issue you a certificate of completion.|